- Place skate on its side with two pucks under the heal portion of the skate-blade-holder.
- Hold the Blade Barber as shown with fingers on the logo.
- Keep the Blade Barber flat on the skate blade.
- Slide the Blade Barber along the entire length of the skate blade and apply light pressure with your fingers. Take 4 passes.
- Flip the skate over & take 4 passes to sharpen the other edge.
- Tap the Blade Barber to remove shavings after each stroke.
- Repeat steps 4–6 until the skate is sharp.
- Color the hollow with a marker to see the sharpening process.
- Always push harder with your thumb, than your fingers, or yourisk misaligning the cutter blade to the skate blade.
- There is a 5 minute learning curve. Don’t rush the first sharpening.
Make the Blade Barber last:
- Use light pressure.
- Don’t use the Blade Barber on heavily damaged skate blades.
- Use the Blade Barber when a good sharpen dulls, not to fix a bad sharpen.